Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Read the response of the Commission on Worship to some frequently asked questions about worship.
- What do I need to consider when arranging a service for a special occasion?
- Why are hymns retranslated?
- What is a funeral pall and why do some churches have them?
- Should Lutheran pastors wear vestments or not?
- Should grape juice be used instead of wine in Holy Communion?
- Why has the LCA changed the wording of the Nicene Creed from 'I' to 'We' and 'Christian' to 'catholic'?
- What should people with allergies to alcohol or gluten do about Holy Communion?
- Why do parents and congregation renounce the devil and confess faith in the triune God on behalf of a child in baptism?
- Are lead singers worship leaders?
- Can Christians choose cremation instead of burial?