LCA Complaints Handling


What to do if you have a complaint

  • Is a person at immediate risk of harm? If so, call emergency services on 000 in Australia or 111 in New Zealand.
  • Do you believe a child may have been abused or neglected? If so, call your local child-protection authority.
  • Has criminal conduct been alleged? If so, the victim needs to report it directly to the police.

If none of the above is applicable, you could try these steps:

  • Follow Matthew 18 verse 15 and try to resolve the matter person-to-person.
  • Follow Matthew 18 verse 16 and go to the person with one or two support persons.
  • Follow Matthew 18 verse 17 (‘tell it to the church’) and talk to your local leadership about potential solutions.

If none of the above is applicable or possible in your situation, you may lodge a complaint in any of the following ways:

1800 644 628  Australia                                 
0800 356 887  New Zealand


PO Box 519

More information: LCA Complaints Handling Policy, on our Policies page’