Families & Relationships
Life and relationships get messy. Everybody could do with a helping hand sometimes. Lutheran Community Care SA/NT offers a wide ranges of services to help you get through the tough times.
But even when relationships are going well, they could always be better, couldn't they? So, if you live in South Australia, don't wait until you're in strife to take advantage of our services.
Lutheran Community Care Counselling Service offers professional support and guidance from trained Christian counsellors. The service is open to people of all ages and backgrounds.
Individuals, couples or families can share problems before they become crises, be listened to and be offered genuine care and support when facing difficulties. Services include:
- personal counselling for issues such as concerns, crisis, depression, guilt, fear, loss and grief, abuse and domestic violence
- pre-marriage preparation and counselling, including PREPARE and ENRICH
- marriage and relationship counselling
- support through separation or divorce
- assistance to families and parenting support.
Counselling services are provided from these South Australian locations:
- Barossa: phone 08 8562 2688
- Blair Athol: phone 08 8269 9300
- Magill: phone 08 8331 3111
- Morphett Vale: phone 08 8331 3111
- Mount Barker: phone 08 8331 3111
- Murraylands: phone 08 8531 3644
Mobile Crèche Service
Lutheran Community Care’s Mobile Crèche Service provides volunteer crèche workers to care for children in the community where it is needed most. Parents who would otherwise not be able to participate in community programs offered in their areas can participate while trained crèche workers care for their children on a voluntary basis.
The service is free to parents who:
- live in the Modbury or Enfield Families SA regions
- are economically or socially disadvantaged
- are socially isolated
- are attending a parenting course
- have a child with an intellectual disability or have a disability themselves.
Alternative Care Services (Foster Care)
Lutheran Community Care SA/NT’s Alternative Care Services provide a temporary, caring home to children while their parent/s and family members receive support to help them work through their problems. Where possible, children will eventually return to live with their family. Foster carers can provide various types of care for differing lengths of time. There are generally four types of foster care:
- Respite Care
Respite care usually takes place over weekends and school holidays. This type of care provides families with a break while the child or young person enjoys a positive experience. The period of care can be negotiated on a regular basis or for a one off stay.
- Emergency care
Emergency care may be needed at any time and on very short notice. It can be an overnight stay or last up to two weeks.
- Short-term care
Short-term care is required for a period of between two weeks and two years. At the end of short term care a child or young person may be placed in long term care.
- Long-term care
Long term care may be needed when a child is unable to live with their family and needs a stable, safe environment in which to grow up or until they can return to their family. Long-term care may be required until the child turns 18.
Contact Alternative Care Services
phone: 08 8337 8787
Centre for Learning
The Centre for Learning at Lutheran Community Care SA/NT provides a range of courses, including these Learning for Life and Love (Family Relationships) Courses:
- Toolbox - Early Years
- Toolbox - Middle Years
- Toolbox - Teen Years
- Family Wellness - survival skills for healthy families
- Finding Fun in Parenting
- Love Tanks and ABCs
- Starting School - getting your child off to a great start
- Making the Most of Life with 5-12-Year-Olds
Contact the Centre for Learning
phone: 08 8331 3111